The FFDY’s coverage area includes the cities of Cerritos, Glendora, San Gabriel, Walnut, Rowland Heights, Diamond Bar, Whittier, Fullerton, as well as several surrounding cities. Currently, we provide services to 50 families of disabled youths but are always looking to expand. Indirectly we have also accrued over 60 high school, college and even junior high students who willingly and regularly volunteer at our functions.
Events that we have undertaken include the following:
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Skiing events in cooperation with Big Bear Mountain
- Trips to Sea World, Disneyland, the circus, the aquarium, etc.
- Seasonal activities including Dragonboat Racing, Taekwondo classes, Horseback Riding, Animal Therapy, Cooking class, Easter picnic, parties celebrating various holidays, etc.
- Weekly educational classes including, but not limited to: Music, Art, Physical Activities, Crafts-making, preparation for On-Stage Performances
- Partnering with local media services to host the Annual Appreciation event to thank the many individuals, corporations and government entities who have provided mush support and assistance to our non-profit organization
- Regular discussions amongst parents of disabled youths to teach families how to care for their children
- Fun and educational activities for parents, such as dance classes, cooking classes, flower arrangement classes, CPR and First Aid class, etc.
- To continue to provide quality programs and support for our members and their disabled children
- To find a more permanent location from which to conduct and support all our programs year-round
- To continue to recruit members into our organization and provide incomparable value to all our members
- To expand our service and service time frame to include after school programs and residency to members
- To be a resource to parents of disabled children through various support groups
- To be one of the top resource centers for the communities of parents with disabled children